Date   

Re: fldigi & N3FJP setup - solved!

Bo W4GHV
 

I switched to the CQ WPX program and it works fine. One click on call , one click on S/N and its done.


Re: Recommended PSK-31 Frequencies

Jim K5SP
 

No why you sending 0000 as your number?

Jim K5SP



Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S10e, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone


-------- Original message --------
From: Bo W4GHV <bobarr@...>
Date: 5/28/20 5:29 AM (GMT-06:00)
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] Recommended PSK-31 Frequencies

Thanks!
--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director


Re: fldigi & N3FJP setup - solved!

Stephen Melachrinos
 

Chuck -

Although we made a rules change this year, the 2020 rules are almost identical to the ones from 2001 through 2018. The only change is the addition that you can work non-members. 

So unless that 2012 version has a "check to see if the other station is a member" function, it should work just fine.

Steve
W3HF


-----Original Message-----
From: Chuck M via groups.io <cam51mail@...>
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Thu, May 28, 2020 10:55 pm
Subject: Re: [070Club] fldigi & N3FJP setup - solved!

Other suggestions for logging programs?  Prefer one that can run on the RPi.

N1MM has a UDC for TDW but looks like last update for it was from 2012.  fldigi has limited contest mode.  Haven't really checked to make sure CQRLOG is playing nice with fldigi on my RPi setup.

GL to all in the contest.  Hope to be on for several hours scattered here and there during the event.

73s
Chuck
KD9DVB


On Thursday, May 28, 2020, 5:52:38 PM EDT, David, K9DWR <david@...> wrote:


* Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> [2020-05-28 19:22]:
>  On N3FJP ACLog the 070# goes in the "other" which can be relabeled "SRX" if
>  you wish. Been using that for years.
>
> Jerry n9avy
>      On Thursday, May 28, 2020, 01:32:06 PM CDT, Tim Castagnola <timcastagnola@...> wrote:

>  Hello all,
>
> I haven't done this contest before and after seeing this thread I would like
> to clear something up.  Does the member number go into the "Serial Number"
> and not the "Exchange"?  I want to make sure I have the input right, I would
> hate to have to go in and manually change 100's of contest contacts, hi hi.

As the person writing the scorer, just get your information in "somewhere" and
I'll figure it out.  I will say that putting it in the Serial Number field is
probably the least correct place for it.  The exchange field (which is usually
the srx_string, NOT srx) is a much better place for it.  SRX is supposed to be
QSO serial number, SRX_STRING is "contest QSO received information")

--
David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@...




Just got ARRL Letter

Jerry N9AVY
 

FT8 frequency grabbers are at it again with suggested new frequencies of 7.071 & 14.071 !!!! JT has gone too far. I'm putting an ancient gypsy curse on him !

Jerry n9avy


Re: TDW

 

Same here, radar looks ugly


Re: fldigi & N3FJP setup - solved!

Chuck M
 

Other suggestions for logging programs?  Prefer one that can run on the RPi.

N1MM has a UDC for TDW but looks like last update for it was from 2012.  fldigi has limited contest mode.  Haven't really checked to make sure CQRLOG is playing nice with fldigi on my RPi setup.

GL to all in the contest.  Hope to be on for several hours scattered here and there during the event.

73s
Chuck
KD9DVB


On Thursday, May 28, 2020, 5:52:38 PM EDT, David, K9DWR <david@...> wrote:


* Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> [2020-05-28 19:22]:
>  On N3FJP ACLog the 070# goes in the "other" which can be relabeled "SRX" if
>  you wish. Been using that for years.
>
> Jerry n9avy
>      On Thursday, May 28, 2020, 01:32:06 PM CDT, Tim Castagnola <timcastagnola@...> wrote:

>  Hello all,
>
> I haven't done this contest before and after seeing this thread I would like
> to clear something up.  Does the member number go into the "Serial Number"
> and not the "Exchange"?  I want to make sure I have the input right, I would
> hate to have to go in and manually change 100's of contest contacts, hi hi.

As the person writing the scorer, just get your information in "somewhere" and
I'll figure it out.  I will say that putting it in the Serial Number field is
probably the least correct place for it.  The exchange field (which is usually
the srx_string, NOT srx) is a much better place for it.  SRX is supposed to be
QSO serial number, SRX_STRING is "contest QSO received information")

--
David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@...




Re: Recommended PSK-31 Frequencies

Steve VA3FLF/KM4FLF
 

I’m on right now but QRP. Give it shot

VA3FLF


On May 28, 2020, at 18:11, N9JCA Chris Matthews <chris.n9jca@...> wrote:



Any one available for a test run on 40M

just put up a new antenna running 20W

Thanks in advance

Chris N9JCA

73

On 5/28/20 4:26 AM, stan robinson wrote:
For our new members, see the 070 Recommended Frequency List below. 

Use this as a guide during the upcoming Three Day Weekend Contest - TDW

Note that all 070 Contests will not use the WARC Bands ( 30M, 17M and 12M )

070 Club Recommended PSK31 Frequencies

The introduction of FT8 digital mode, particularly in the 17m band, has made it necessary to reevaluate our recommended frequencies for 070 Club PSK31 activities.  Here are our recommendations as of March 30, 2019.

160m 1.807 MHz

80m  3.580 MHz

40m  7.070 MHz

30m 10.140 MHz

20m 14.070 MHz

17m 18.097 MHz

15m 21.070 MHz

12m 24.920 MHz

10m 28.120 MHz

6m 50.290 MHz

Please note: Operating frequencies and emission type are controlled by both the ITU and the regulatory agencies of the Country of operation.  Permitted frequencies for PSK31 mode may vary from those listed above. Always make sure your operation conforms to the regulations for the location from which you are operating!


FT-4's introduction is just going to exacerbate things, I'm afraid. It may be that we have to co-exist among them for now, as there's just not much room on 30m. bandplans.com<https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bandplans.com%2Findex.php%3Fband%3D30&data=02%7C01%7C%7C08f2ff0c588d413570d808d7f509927c%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637247293763312179&sdata=JzvbYxbTqdXkzuN2kWUWYWtYfcZOs7HZY527Sb782uE%3D&reserved=0> suggests (in addition to 10.140 for PSK-31) 10.130-10.132.5 for PSK-31, so maybe give that a try.

I'm not sure why they even have designated frequencies on WARC bands considering that it's specifically designed as a mode for contesting, at least from my understanding.

Wherever else you try, just be sure to communicate and coordinate your frequency with others on the reflector in order to maximize the odds of finding a partner at a "new home" on the band.

Hope that helps...
73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708

Originally posted on May 1, by Matt - AK4MK , as message #59819 with new suggested freq for 070 Club.


ft8 creep

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)
 

Ah. So the famous JT has decided that more PSK watering holes are ripe for being overrun by the modes he has created. I have an opinion on that and I have a view on what should happen but alas, apparently spontaneous human combustion is not a real thing so perhaps we should cast about for some constructive actions PSK’ers might take.

My observation is this: No one really is using the JT modes like JT9, JT65, etc.

So what’s to stop everyone who does PSK from just piling into the default frequencies for the now nearly abandoned JT modes?

Turnabout is fair play.


-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!


TDW

Rick - N7WE
 

Currently shut completely down due to heavy t-storms, rain, and lightning all across central Florida.  Hopefully they will die out later tonight after the sun goes down.  Not sure if I'll be able to get on tonight or not!  Hope to!
--
Rick - N7WE
070 - #1602


Re: Recommended PSK-31 Frequencies

N9JCA Chris Matthews <chris.n9jca@...>
 

Any one available for a test run on 40M

just put up a new antenna running 20W

Thanks in advance

Chris N9JCA

73

On 5/28/20 4:26 AM, stan robinson wrote:
For our new members, see the 070 Recommended Frequency List below. 

Use this as a guide during the upcoming Three Day Weekend Contest - TDW

Note that all 070 Contests will not use the WARC Bands ( 30M, 17M and 12M )

070 Club Recommended PSK31 Frequencies

The introduction of FT8 digital mode, particularly in the 17m band, has made it necessary to reevaluate our recommended frequencies for 070 Club PSK31 activities.  Here are our recommendations as of March 30, 2019.

160m 1.807 MHz

80m  3.580 MHz

40m  7.070 MHz

30m 10.140 MHz

20m 14.070 MHz

17m 18.097 MHz

15m 21.070 MHz

12m 24.920 MHz

10m 28.120 MHz

6m 50.290 MHz

Please note: Operating frequencies and emission type are controlled by both the ITU and the regulatory agencies of the Country of operation.  Permitted frequencies for PSK31 mode may vary from those listed above. Always make sure your operation conforms to the regulations for the location from which you are operating!


FT-4's introduction is just going to exacerbate things, I'm afraid. It may be that we have to co-exist among them for now, as there's just not much room on 30m. bandplans.com<https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bandplans.com%2Findex.php%3Fband%3D30&data=02%7C01%7C%7C08f2ff0c588d413570d808d7f509927c%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637247293763312179&sdata=JzvbYxbTqdXkzuN2kWUWYWtYfcZOs7HZY527Sb782uE%3D&reserved=0> suggests (in addition to 10.140 for PSK-31) 10.130-10.132.5 for PSK-31, so maybe give that a try.

I'm not sure why they even have designated frequencies on WARC bands considering that it's specifically designed as a mode for contesting, at least from my understanding.

Wherever else you try, just be sure to communicate and coordinate your frequency with others on the reflector in order to maximize the odds of finding a partner at a "new home" on the band.

Hope that helps...
73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708

Originally posted on May 1, by Matt - AK4MK , as message #59819 with new suggested freq for 070 Club.


Re: fldigi & N3FJP setup - solved!

David, K9DWR
 

* Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@sbcglobal.net> [2020-05-28 19:22]:
On N3FJP ACLog the 070# goes in the "other" which can be relabeled "SRX" if
you wish. Been using that for years.

Jerry n9avy
On Thursday, May 28, 2020, 01:32:06 PM CDT, Tim Castagnola <timcastagnola@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello all,

I haven't done this contest before and after seeing this thread I would like
to clear something up.  Does the member number go into the "Serial Number"
and not the "Exchange"?  I want to make sure I have the input right, I would
hate to have to go in and manually change 100's of contest contacts, hi hi.
As the person writing the scorer, just get your information in "somewhere" and
I'll figure it out. I will say that putting it in the Serial Number field is
probably the least correct place for it. The exchange field (which is usually
the srx_string, NOT srx) is a much better place for it. SRX is supposed to be
QSO serial number, SRX_STRING is "contest QSO received information")

--
David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@graniteweb.com


Re: Contest Chatter

 

Tnx, I see it


Re: Contest Chatter

Jim K5SP
 

Just approved it


On 5/28/2020 3:16 PM, John - KC3FL via groups.io wrote:

I sent the email and replied to the email they sent me and it now says Your subscription has not yet been approved.
So I guess it's in the works


--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director


Re: Contest Chatter

 

I sent the email and replied to the email they sent me and it now says Your subscription has not yet been approved.
So I guess it's in the works


2020 RC3 Standings now current

stan W9SMR
 

Our hard working "new management team" has been making great progress and here is an example. Special thanks to Jim, K5SP; Steve, W3HF and David, K9DWR.

Check out the RC3 Rollo Cup Contest Championship 2020  Leaderboard standings at:  RC3 - Leaderboard

This Leaderboard is current through the result of all 070 Contests so far in 2020 including the PSKFest, Valentine Sprint, St. Patrick’s Day Contest and the 31 Flavors Contest in April. Here are current top-ten standings:

Rank   Call         Total Points

1          N5SLY         475.40
2          KC3FL         417.93
3          N3XL          340.21
4          K5SP          334.97
5          KR4U         330.80
6          NN9K        326.3
7          KF3AA       320.4
8          W9SMR     319.70
9          W3HF        272.60
10        KA5VZG     259.88

And it looks like a “shoot-out” looms during the TDW Three Day Weekend Contest, as the first place Lee, N5SLY and second place John, KC3FL, RC3 Leaders are signed up as Bonus Stations.

Check out your own standings on the Leaderboard before and after the TDW. This will give us all some really exciting challenges for Top Dawg honors.

Take the challenge. See you on the waterfall!

73,

 Stan

W9SMR - 070  #1611

PODXS 070 - PR Director


Highest number for TDW

Jim K5SP
 

#2759 is the highest member number that will be counted in the contest.  That number belongs to KG4OWE.
While there may be new members approved during the contest, they will be advised to utilize #0000 and be counted as a non-member.
--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director


Re: fldigi & N3FJP setup - solved!

Jerry N9AVY
 

On N3FJP ACLog the 070# goes in the "other" which can be relabeled "SRX" if you wish. Been using that for years.

Jerry n9avy

On Thursday, May 28, 2020, 01:32:06 PM CDT, Tim Castagnola <timcastagnola@...> wrote:


Hello all,

I haven't done this contest before and after seeing this thread I would like to clear something up.  Does the member number go into the "Serial Number" and not the "Exchange"?  I want to make sure I have the input right, I would hate to have to go in and manually change 100's of contest contacts, hi hi.

Thank you for clarification of this.

73,

Tim
KM6KIZ


Re: Contest Chatter

Jim K5SP
 

John, I checked all the settings and they are correct. 

Do you still not see the New Topic button?

Jim K5SP

On 5/28/2020 12:24 PM, John - KC3FL via groups.io wrote:

How do you post to the contest  board?   Couldn't find any link for new topic. Would like to post what bands I'll be working and the time.


--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director


Re: Contest Chatter

Jim K5SP
 

I will check the posting settings.  The new topic link is showing up here, but I am the owner. 

For everyone:  Do not send me an email for entry.  Request admission on the board, that way I have your information when I get an email from the board to complete your request for admission...

On 5/28/2020 12:24 PM, John - KC3FL via groups.io wrote:

How do you post to the contest  board?   Couldn't find any link for new topic. Would like to post what bands I'll be working and the time.


--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director


Re: fldigi & N3FJP setup - solved!

Tim Castagnola
 

Hello all,

I haven't done this contest before and after seeing this thread I would like to clear something up.  Does the member number go into the "Serial Number" and not the "Exchange"?  I want to make sure I have the input right, I would hate to have to go in and manually change 100's of contest contacts, hi hi.

Thank you for clarification of this.

73,

Tim
KM6KIZ

4861 - 4880 of 67815