Date   

WTW

Dan Morris - KZ3T
 

Can one work the same call for different letter blocks??
So, if I work a call with an A and finish up that particular country, etc, can I then work that same call with the A for a separate block of letters that have an A in it. i.e. if I work an A in Brazil can I work that same person for his A for Columbia???

Dan Morris KZ3T 070-1065
dbmorris315@gmail.com

I live to live for Him!


Re: KN4 calls - blast from the past !

Fr Richard R
 

I had WN8YXH for my original Novice call way back then. 

Fr Richard 
WB8YXF 

On Dec 7, 2017, at 18:18, Matthew King - KK4CPS <kk4cps@...> wrote:

Yup, all the new Technician calls here are KN4 here lately. I didn't realize that they were old novice calls. Neat!

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director


On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 6:01 PM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:
Those of us who were around in the 50's & 60's might remember the KN prefix as that  for Novice licensees. If you don't that's okay.   

Have worked/heard about 3  in the past few days.  Looks like the FCC ran out of prefixes and has opened up the KN4 block... figuring no one will not if they not told they have recycled calls,  hi ! hi!

It's good to see them back on the air.  My club call , K9ATI, was originally that of a high school buddy  Skip Dewell, KN9ATI, and later K9ATI.  Searched for him, but no sign anywhere.  Anyhow,  I you work a KN call outside of 4-land, you might ask if that was operators original call.

What's next ?  Reissueing W, WB, WA, WD ,K and back to N calls ???

Jerry n9avy



Re: KN4 calls - blast from the past !

Matthew King - AK4MK
 

Yup, all the new Technician calls here are KN4 here lately. I didn't realize that they were old novice calls. Neat!

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director


On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 6:01 PM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:
Those of us who were around in the 50's & 60's might remember the KN prefix as that  for Novice licensees. If you don't that's okay.   

Have worked/heard about 3  in the past few days.  Looks like the FCC ran out of prefixes and has opened up the KN4 block... figuring no one will not if they not told they have recycled calls,  hi ! hi!

It's good to see them back on the air.  My club call , K9ATI, was originally that of a high school buddy  Skip Dewell, KN9ATI, and later K9ATI.  Searched for him, but no sign anywhere.  Anyhow,  I you work a KN call outside of 4-land, you might ask if that was operators original call.

What's next ?  Reissueing W, WB, WA, WD ,K and back to N calls ???

Jerry n9avy



KN4 calls - blast from the past !

Jerry N9AVY
 

Those of us who were around in the 50's & 60's might remember the KN prefix as that  for Novice licensees. If you don't that's okay.   

Have worked/heard about 3  in the past few days.  Looks like the FCC ran out of prefixes and has opened up the KN4 block... figuring no one will not if they not told they have recycled calls,  hi ! hi!

It's good to see them back on the air.  My club call , K9ATI, was originally that of a high school buddy  Skip Dewell, KN9ATI, and later K9ATI.  Searched for him, but no sign anywhere.  Anyhow,  I you work a KN call outside of 4-land, you might ask if that was operators original call.

What's next ?  Reissueing W, WB, WA, WD ,K and back to N calls ???

Jerry n9avy


Re: Chile

Jerry N9AVY
 

Got him, but barely. He came back with correct name and call ... then QSB took over.  Curse these lousy conditions !

Jerry  n9avy



From: Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...>
To: 070Club@groups.io
Sent: Thursday, December 7, 2017 4:12 PM
Subject: [070Club] Chile

CE3FIK    on 20m  calling CQ  DX at 2207 UTC   .

Called him several times, but I guess I'm not right kind of DX   


Jerry   N9AVY



Chile

Jerry N9AVY
 

CE3FIK    on 20m  calling CQ  DX at 2207 UTC   .

Called him several times, but I guess I'm not right kind of DX   


Jerry   N9AVY


Re: stickers

Jerry N9AVY
 

Ivor:

How cold is it ???

It's -3 C here out in farm country near Chicago.   I'm ready for summer again.

Jerry n9avy


From: ivorradio via Groups.Io <m5ply@...>
To: 070Club@groups.io
Sent: Thursday, December 7, 2017 10:55 AM
Subject: [070Club] stickers

hi pskers.santa came from the usa this morning, with a big full of stickers.
I like to thank the elf who sent them. my best 73 Ivor/m5ply/from a very cold Plymouth uk



stickers

 

hi pskers.santa came from the usa this morning, with a big full of stickers.
I like to thank the elf who sent them. my best 73 Ivor/m5ply/from a very cold Plymouth uk


WOO HOO !!!!

VE3LTN - Mike Joyce - #1763
 

Early Christmas Stocking arrived full of stickers and joy..... 
My face pic is when I first got interested in HAM radio - as an operator at the VE8RCS station in Alert NWT in 1971 and been active since


Re: Checking in

Matthew King - AK4MK
 

As my daughter would say, "Aw, thanks!" :-)

I think I can speak for the entire staff when I say that we're glad to do what we do for the club members.

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director


On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 9:13 PM, Charles Odom <ki4vmk@...> wrote:
Thanks Matt for all your efforts and to the rest of the officers in the club.

KI4VMK
# 2542 
On Dec 6, 2017, at 8:01 PM, Matthew King - KK4CPS <kk4cps@...> wrote:
The second group ( 070ClubContests)has been created and will be populated by the folks at groupsio. They will be transferring from 070_contest at Yahoo Groups to groups.io in the next day or two.

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director






On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 8:32 PM, KB3RAN 1692/381 via Groups.Io <davehardy0101=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I know I would always forget to put a hashtag.  I'm for 2 separate groups.
1692/381

David Hardy   
KB3RAN
CARA President
 




Re: Checking in

Charles Odom, KI4VMK # 2542
 

Thanks Matt for all your efforts and to the rest of the officers in the club.

KI4VMK
# 2542 

On Dec 6, 2017, at 8:01 PM, Matthew King - KK4CPS <kk4cps@...> wrote:
The second group ( 070ClubContests)has been created and will be populated by the folks at groupsio. They will be transferring from 070_contest at Yahoo Groups to groups.io in the next day or two.

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director






On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 8:32 PM, KB3RAN 1692/381 via Groups.Io <davehardy0101@...> wrote:
I know I would always forget to put a hashtag.  I'm for 2 separate groups.
1692/381

David Hardy   
KB3RAN
CARA President
 



Re: Checking in

Matthew King - AK4MK
 

The second group (070ClubContests)has been created and will be populated by the folks at groupsio. They will be transferring from 070_contest at Yahoo Groups to groups.io in the next day or two.

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director






On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 8:32 PM, KB3RAN 1692/381 via Groups.Io <davehardy0101@...> wrote:
I know I would always forget to put a hashtag.  I'm for 2 separate groups.
1692/381

David Hardy   
KB3RAN
CARA President
 



Re: Test

Matthew King - AK4MK
 

Loud and clear hear, Bill.

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director


On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 8:38 PM, <kc8wsm@...> wrote:
Test
Bill
KC8WSM



Test

Bill-N7RI
 

Test
Bill
KC8WSM


Re: Checking in

DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381
 

I know I would always forget to put a hashtag.  I'm for 2 separate groups.
1692/381

David Hardy   
KB3RAN
CARA President
 


Re: Checking in

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)
 

On the matter of a separate group for the contest stuff, Steve W3HF speaks my mind.

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!


Stickers

VA7GEM - Barry 1470 <boat.anchor@...>
 

My shipment arrived today.
TVM to all that do their best to keep me entertained.
Barry


Re: All is Well: TEST - Re: [070Club] [070] transfer to groups.io

Jim K5SP
 

Stan, do you have the grids that we worked each other on during your adventure.  Somehow they got overwritten in my log with your home grid.

Jim, K5SP

On 12/6/2017 2:14 PM, Charles Odom wrote:
Yup, it has been quiet today, guess everyone is Christmas shopping, ha  ha

KI4VMK
# 2542 
On Dec 6, 2017, at 2:08 PM, stan robinson <robinstan@...> wrote:

Got my test message back within 30 seconds. No problemo!


I guess the 070 just does not have much to say today.


73,

Stan

W9SMR

#1611




From: 070Club@groups.io <070Club@groups.io> on behalf of stan robinson <robinstan@...>
Sent: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 3:06 PM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: TEST - Re: [070Club] [070] transfer to groups.io
 

Something may be set up wrong at my end, but I have not received a single 070 message since yesterday.


If this goes thru, all is well.

thanks,
Stan
W9SMR
#1611





From: 070Club@groups.io <070Club@groups.io> on behalf of Matthew King - KK4CPS <kk4cps@...>
Sent: Monday, December 4, 2017 6:43 PM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: [070Club] [070] transfer to groups.io
 
As many/most of you have probably figured out by now, we have transferred the "070" group from Yahoo Groups to groups.io. 

This was done for a host of reasons, and I think we'll be happier here.

Please log in to  groups.io with whatever email address your Yahoo Groups posts were sent to and have a look around.

We will, in time, begin to utilize more of the features of the new user group host, but one we should begin using now is hashtags.  That's those cute little #thingies you see at the end of messages, used to describe what's found in the message.  You'll be able to mute conversations based on hashtags, or by thread, and the hashtags will greatly enhance our search capabilities moving forward.

The 070_Contest group has NOT been moved yet. I am still trying to decide what avenue to take with it, i.e. a separate group or a subgroup of the main group. I think the subgroup route makes the most sense at this point, but I'm glad to hear other thoughts on the matter.

Welcome to our new user group home, 070 Club Members! :-)

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director





--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director


Re: All is Well: TEST - Re: [070Club] [070] transfer to groups.io

Charles Odom, KI4VMK # 2542
 

Yup, it has been quiet today, guess everyone is Christmas shopping, ha  ha

KI4VMK
# 2542 

On Dec 6, 2017, at 2:08 PM, stan robinson <robinstan@...> wrote:

Got my test message back within 30 seconds. No problemo!


I guess the 070 just does not have much to say today.


73,

Stan

W9SMR

#1611




From: 070Club@groups.io <070Club@groups.io> on behalf of stan robinson <robinstan@...>
Sent: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 3:06 PM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: TEST - Re: [070Club] [070] transfer to groups.io
 

Something may be set up wrong at my end, but I have not received a single 070 message since yesterday.


If this goes thru, all is well.

thanks,
Stan
W9SMR
#1611





From: 070Club@groups.io <070Club@groups.io> on behalf of Matthew King - KK4CPS <kk4cps@...>
Sent: Monday, December 4, 2017 6:43 PM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: [070Club] [070] transfer to groups.io
 
As many/most of you have probably figured out by now, we have transferred the "070" group from Yahoo Groups to groups.io. 

This was done for a host of reasons, and I think we'll be happier here.

Please log in to  groups.io with whatever email address your Yahoo Groups posts were sent to and have a look around.

We will, in time, begin to utilize more of the features of the new user group host, but one we should begin using now is hashtags.  That's those cute little #thingies you see at the end of messages, used to describe what's found in the message.  You'll be able to mute conversations based on hashtags, or by thread, and the hashtags will greatly enhance our search capabilities moving forward.

The 070_Contest group has NOT been moved yet. I am still trying to decide what avenue to take with it, i.e. a separate group or a subgroup of the main group. I think the subgroup route makes the most sense at this point, but I'm glad to hear other thoughts on the matter.

Welcome to our new user group home, 070 Club Members! :-)

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director




All is Well: TEST - Re: [070Club] [070] transfer to groups.io

stan W9SMR
 

Got my test message back within 30 seconds. No problemo!


I guess the 070 just does not have much to say today.


73,

Stan

W9SMR

#1611




From: 070Club@groups.io <070Club@groups.io> on behalf of stan robinson <robinstan@...>
Sent: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 3:06 PM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: TEST - Re: [070Club] [070] transfer to groups.io
 

Something may be set up wrong at my end, but I have not received a single 070 message since yesterday.


If this goes thru, all is well.

thanks,
Stan
W9SMR
#1611





From: 070Club@groups.io <070Club@groups.io> on behalf of Matthew King - KK4CPS <kk4cps@...>
Sent: Monday, December 4, 2017 6:43 PM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: [070Club] [070] transfer to groups.io
 
As many/most of you have probably figured out by now, we have transferred the "070" group from Yahoo Groups to groups.io. 

This was done for a host of reasons, and I think we'll be happier here.

Please log in to groups.io with whatever email address your Yahoo Groups posts were sent to and have a look around.

We will, in time, begin to utilize more of the features of the new user group host, but one we should begin using now is hashtags.  That's those cute little #thingies you see at the end of messages, used to describe what's found in the message.  You'll be able to mute conversations based on hashtags, or by thread, and the hashtags will greatly enhance our search capabilities moving forward.

The 070_Contest group has NOT been moved yet. I am still trying to decide what avenue to take with it, i.e. a separate group or a subgroup of the main group. I think the subgroup route makes the most sense at this point, but I'm glad to hear other thoughts on the matter.

Welcome to our new user group home, 070 Club Members! :-)

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director



12961 - 12980 of 66961