Date   

Re: OT Request / 13 Colonies Related

John Bower <poppajohnbower@...>
 

Anyone looking for K2M PA he is lonely on 3.875 SSB
John KE4JB

On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 4:11 PM, 'John Etling' john@... [070] <070@...> wrote:
 

Well I have picked up 6 of the 13 stations in the 13 colonies including the WM3Pen bonus… GB13COL station was working at the high side of 14.072 around 19:15 hours UTC as saw numerous calls from the NE to him/her but I never got a scratch on the waterfall from him/her.

 

The Firecracker Sprint, was not a very successful venture. No stability on the bands whatsoever on 20 or 40 since last evening. Getting a good 6 hour block was near impossible. So I shall submit my pitiful log for posterity (showing I at least tried) and statistical reasons and leave it at that.

 

 

…I’m Just Sayin’

 

73 de K3JAE

John A. Etling

k3jae@...

ARES EC - Carroll County, TN

PODXS-070 #1820   LONP: #321

 

 

 

 

From: 070@... [mailto:070@...]
Sent: Sunday, July 03, 2016 13:08
To: 070@...
Subject: Re: [070] OT Request / 13 Colonies Related

 

 

I got WM3PEN the old fashioned way ;)  Only station I need is GB13COL.  Clean sweep otherwise.

 

Les k4lea 1746

 

On 7/3/2016 13:26, Robert Alan Carter dakender@... [070] wrote:

 

GB13COL - They still have not activated one at this time according to the FB page.

 

But here is the only one I can find

 

WM3PEN - DSTAR - reflector Ref 063 Module B

 

On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 11:46 AM, 'ljl2002@...' joe_molon@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

 

John,

 

Hear Hear!!!

 

Joe

KA1PPV  #1482

 

On Friday, July 1, 2016 7:33 PM, "John Bower poppajohnbower@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

 

 

Heres a link Les  Good Luck

John

 

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 7:30 PM, Les Alverson kd4sfd2@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

 

I have googled and all info points back to their facebook page.

Les k4lea 1746

 

On 7/1/2016 19:00, John Bower poppajohnbower@... [070] wrote:

 

Hey Les google 13 Colonies you will get all the info there.

BTW GB13col is mid band on 14.070 good signal into NY

John KE4JB

 

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 5:04 PM, Les Alverson kd4sfd2@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

 

I am need the D-Star reflector for GB13COL. You have to have Facebook
access, which I WILL not EVER get.

It really ticks me off when people put all information only on FB.

Also the page is not public, if it were, I'd have no problem.

Thanks and hope to see you on the waterfall!

Les k4lea 1746

 

 

 

 



 

--

 



Re: OT Request / 13 Colonies Related

John Etling
 

Well I have picked up 6 of the 13 stations in the 13 colonies including the WM3Pen bonus… GB13COL station was working at the high side of 14.072 around 19:15 hours UTC as saw numerous calls from the NE to him/her but I never got a scratch on the waterfall from him/her.

 

The Firecracker Sprint, was not a very successful venture. No stability on the bands whatsoever on 20 or 40 since last evening. Getting a good 6 hour block was near impossible. So I shall submit my pitiful log for posterity (showing I at least tried) and statistical reasons and leave it at that.

 

 

…I’m Just Sayin’

 

73 de K3JAE

John A. Etling

k3jae@...

ARES EC - Carroll County, TN

PODXS-070 #1820   LONP: #321

 

 

 

 

From: 070@... [mailto:070@...]
Sent: Sunday, July 03, 2016 13:08
To: 070@...
Subject: Re: [070] OT Request / 13 Colonies Related

 

 

I got WM3PEN the old fashioned way ;)  Only station I need is GB13COL.  Clean sweep otherwise.

 

Les k4lea 1746

 

On 7/3/2016 13:26, Robert Alan Carter dakender@... [070] wrote:

 

GB13COL - They still have not activated one at this time according to the FB page.

 

But here is the only one I can find

 

WM3PEN - DSTAR - reflector Ref 063 Module B

 

On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 11:46 AM, 'ljl2002@...' joe_molon@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

 

John,

 

Hear Hear!!!

 

Joe

KA1PPV  #1482

 

On Friday, July 1, 2016 7:33 PM, "John Bower poppajohnbower@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

 

 

Heres a link Les  Good Luck

John

 

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 7:30 PM, Les Alverson kd4sfd2@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

 

I have googled and all info points back to their facebook page.

Les k4lea 1746

 

On 7/1/2016 19:00, John Bower poppajohnbower@... [070] wrote:

 

Hey Les google 13 Colonies you will get all the info there.

BTW GB13col is mid band on 14.070 good signal into NY

John KE4JB

 

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 5:04 PM, Les Alverson kd4sfd2@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

 

I am need the D-Star reflector for GB13COL. You have to have Facebook
access, which I WILL not EVER get.

It really ticks me off when people put all information only on FB.

Also the page is not public, if it were, I'd have no problem.

Thanks and hope to see you on the waterfall!

Les k4lea 1746

 

 

 

 



 

--

 


Re: OT Request / 13 Colonies Related

Les Alverson <kd4sfd2@...>
 

I got WM3PEN the old fashioned way ;)  Only station I need is GB13COL.  Clean sweep otherwise.


Les k4lea 1746


On 7/3/2016 13:26, Robert Alan Carter dakender@... [070] wrote:
 
GB13COL - They still have not activated one at this time according to the FB page.

But here is the only one I can find

WM3PEN - DSTAR - reflector Ref 063 Module B

On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 11:46 AM, 'ljl2002@...' joe_molon@... [070] <070@...> wrote:
 
John,
 
Hear Hear!!!
 
Joe
KA1PPV  #1482


On Friday, July 1, 2016 7:33 PM, "John Bower poppajohnbower@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:


 
Heres a link Les  Good Luck
John

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 7:30 PM, Les Alverson kd4sfd2@... [070] <070@...> wrote:
 
I have googled and all info points back to their facebook page.
Les k4lea 1746

On 7/1/2016 19:00, John Bower poppajohnbower@... [070] wrote:
 
Hey Les google 13 Colonies you will get all the info there.
BTW GB13col is mid band on 14.070 good signal into NY
John KE4JB

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 5:04 PM, Les Alverson kd4sfd2@... [070] <070@...> wrote:
 
I am need the D-Star reflector for GB13COL. You have to have Facebook
access, which I WILL not EVER get.

It really ticks me off when people put all information only on FB.

Also the page is not public, if it were, I'd have no problem.

Thanks and hope to see you on the waterfall!

Les k4lea 1746









--


Hanging out at 14.070

Alan Sorum WL7CG
 

All,

I'm hanging out at 14.070. Have made a few contacts. Looking for some letters and ND :)

Hope to see you.

Alan WL7CG


Re: If you are not playing in the Firecracker...

gearymcdowell@...
 

Okay, I'll submit my log then when it is over, the band is really way in and way out here so far today.  Glad I am retired and can spend a lot of time watching the waterfall.  HI HI
Geary, KE5IRK



From: "David Westbrook dwestbrook@... [070]" <070@...>
To: 070@...
Sent: Sunday, July 3, 2016 11:58 AM
Subject: Re: [070] Re: If you are not playing in the Firecracker...

 
All Logs big & small wanted!  I had about 25 and also submitted my elmer's log w 5.
73
Kj4izw
On Jul 3, 2016 12:43 PM, "gearymcdowell@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:
 
I am trying to play, won't be a six hour stretch for me so no contest points for me, I probably won't submit for points unless I can get a good six hour run with contacts, but maybe I can help others with an Oklahoma contact.  Conditions and/or my station are not cooperating again, but Saturday night when storms moved through it was excellent, so-so Sunday morning.  I'll be on and off trying to catch 070 members and give them a point.
73 and GL everyone,
Geary, KE5IRK



From: "John Bower poppajohnbower@... [070]" <070@...>
To: 070@...
Sent: Sunday, July 3, 2016 11:37 AM
Subject: Re: [070] Re: If you are not playing in the Firecracker...

 
Agree it takes all types thanks for the contact. Have a blessed and safe  4th.
John KE4JB
On Jul 3, 2016 12:12 PM, "keitheuffer@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:
 
Got you last night, John, good to cu agn.  More fireworks around here than I can handle and they are illegal in my town except for city sponsored shows.  Didn't stop them in my neighborhood last night during the contest, bang boom all the time I was on the air.  Enjoyed my 30 contacts, actually 31, but that fellow was too busy lecturing me on my operating skills telling me to go read his QRZ page about contesting so I'll leave him off the list.  Wanted to send him an email but he doesn't show one on his QRZ page.  Curious.  He wasn't even following the recommended CQ call and few were answering him.  Takes all kinds of hams...
KT4EP





Re: OT Request / 13 Colonies Related

Robert A Carter (W0QFW)
 

GB13COL - They still have not activated one at this time according to the FB page.

But here is the only one I can find

WM3PEN - DSTAR - reflector Ref 063 Module B

On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 11:46 AM, 'ljl2002@...' joe_molon@... [070] <070@...> wrote:
 

John,
 
Hear Hear!!!
 
Joe
KA1PPV  #1482


On Friday, July 1, 2016 7:33 PM, "John Bower poppajohnbower@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:


 
Heres a link Les  Good Luck
John

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 7:30 PM, Les Alverson kd4sfd2@... [070] <070@...> wrote:
 
I have googled and all info points back to their facebook page.
Les k4lea 1746

On 7/1/2016 19:00, John Bower poppajohnbower@... [070] wrote:
 
Hey Les google 13 Colonies you will get all the info there.
BTW GB13col is mid band on 14.070 good signal into NY
John KE4JB

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 5:04 PM, Les Alverson kd4sfd2@... [070] <070@...> wrote:
 
I am need the D-Star reflector for GB13COL. You have to have Facebook
access, which I WILL not EVER get.

It really ticks me off when people put all information only on FB.

Also the page is not public, if it were, I'd have no problem.

Thanks and hope to see you on the waterfall!

Les k4lea 1746










Ugh... condx calling CQ sprint

cricklewood@...
 

Condx on 40 either terrible or everyone having a picnic


Call CQ 40m Sprint on 7.070 +1500


KW3F

070 2061


Re: If you are not playing in the Firecracker...

David Westbrook
 

All Logs big & small wanted!  I had about 25 and also submitted my elmer's log w 5.

73
Kj4izw

On Jul 3, 2016 12:43 PM, "gearymcdowell@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:
 

I am trying to play, won't be a six hour stretch for me so no contest points for me, I probably won't submit for points unless I can get a good six hour run with contacts, but maybe I can help others with an Oklahoma contact.  Conditions and/or my station are not cooperating again, but Saturday night when storms moved through it was excellent, so-so Sunday morning.  I'll be on and off trying to catch 070 members and give them a point.
73 and GL everyone,
Geary, KE5IRK



From: "John Bower poppajohnbower@... [070]" <070@...>
To: 070@...
Sent: Sunday, July 3, 2016 11:37 AM
Subject: Re: [070] Re: If you are not playing in the Firecracker...

 
Agree it takes all types thanks for the contact. Have a blessed and safe  4th.
John KE4JB
On Jul 3, 2016 12:12 PM, "keitheuffer@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:
 
Got you last night, John, good to cu agn.  More fireworks around here than I can handle and they are illegal in my town except for city sponsored shows.  Didn't stop them in my neighborhood last night during the contest, bang boom all the time I was on the air.  Enjoyed my 30 contacts, actually 31, but that fellow was too busy lecturing me on my operating skills telling me to go read his QRZ page about contesting so I'll leave him off the list.  Wanted to send him an email but he doesn't show one on his QRZ page.  Curious.  He wasn't even following the recommended CQ call and few were answering him.  Takes all kinds of hams...
KT4EP



Re: OT Request / 13 Colonies Related

ljl2002@att.net
 

John,
 
Hear Hear!!!
 
Joe
KA1PPV  #1482


On Friday, July 1, 2016 7:33 PM, "John Bower poppajohnbower@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:


 
Heres a link Les  Good Luck
John

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 7:30 PM, Les Alverson kd4sfd2@... [070] <070@...> wrote:
 
I have googled and all info points back to their facebook page.
Les k4lea 1746

On 7/1/2016 19:00, John Bower poppajohnbower@... [070] wrote:
 
Hey Les google 13 Colonies you will get all the info there.
BTW GB13col is mid band on 14.070 good signal into NY
John KE4JB

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 5:04 PM, Les Alverson kd4sfd2@... [070] <070@...> wrote:
 
I am need the D-Star reflector for GB13COL. You have to have Facebook
access, which I WILL not EVER get.

It really ticks me off when people put all information only on FB.

Also the page is not public, if it were, I'd have no problem.

Thanks and hope to see you on the waterfall!

Les k4lea 1746







Re: If you are not playing in the Firecracker...

gearymcdowell@...
 

I am trying to play, won't be a six hour stretch for me so no contest points for me, I probably won't submit for points unless I can get a good six hour run with contacts, but maybe I can help others with an Oklahoma contact.  Conditions and/or my station are not cooperating again, but Saturday night when storms moved through it was excellent, so-so Sunday morning.  I'll be on and off trying to catch 070 members and give them a point.
73 and GL everyone,
Geary, KE5IRK



From: "John Bower poppajohnbower@... [070]" <070@...>
To: 070@...
Sent: Sunday, July 3, 2016 11:37 AM
Subject: Re: [070] Re: If you are not playing in the Firecracker...

 
Agree it takes all types thanks for the contact. Have a blessed and safe  4th.
John KE4JB
On Jul 3, 2016 12:12 PM, "keitheuffer@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:
 
Got you last night, John, good to cu agn.  More fireworks around here than I can handle and they are illegal in my town except for city sponsored shows.  Didn't stop them in my neighborhood last night during the contest, bang boom all the time I was on the air.  Enjoyed my 30 contacts, actually 31, but that fellow was too busy lecturing me on my operating skills telling me to go read his QRZ page about contesting so I'll leave him off the list.  Wanted to send him an email but he doesn't show one on his QRZ page.  Curious.  He wasn't even following the recommended CQ call and few were answering him.  Takes all kinds of hams...
KT4EP



Re: If you are not playing in the Firecracker...

John Bower <poppajohnbower@...>
 

Agree it takes all types thanks for the contact. Have a blessed and safe  4th.
John KE4JB

On Jul 3, 2016 12:12 PM, "keitheuffer@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:
 

Got you last night, John, good to cu agn.  More fireworks around here than I can handle and they are illegal in my town except for city sponsored shows.  Didn't stop them in my neighborhood last night during the contest, bang boom all the time I was on the air.  Enjoyed my 30 contacts, actually 31, but that fellow was too busy lecturing me on my operating skills telling me to go read his QRZ page about contesting so I'll leave him off the list.  Wanted to send him an email but he doesn't show one on his QRZ page.  Curious.  He wasn't even following the recommended CQ call and few were answering him.  Takes all kinds of hams...

KT4EP


Re: If you are not playing in the Firecracker...

keitheuffer@...
 

Got you last night, John, good to cu agn.  More fireworks around here than I can handle and they are illegal in my town except for city sponsored shows.  Didn't stop them in my neighborhood last night during the contest, bang boom all the time I was on the air.  Enjoyed my 30 contacts, actually 31, but that fellow was too busy lecturing me on my operating skills telling me to go read his QRZ page about contesting so I'll leave him off the list.  Wanted to send him an email but he doesn't show one on his QRZ page.  Curious.  He wasn't even following the recommended CQ call and few were answering him.  Takes all kinds of hams...
KT4EP


Re: 2016 40m Firecracker Sprint

John Bower <poppajohnbower@...>
 

It was my pleasure - must try Team viewer for Rig control one day.
Best John KE4JB

On Sat, Jul 2, 2016 at 10:59 PM, David Rock david@... [070] <070@...> wrote:
 

Thanks for sticking with me John.  TeamViewer over a phone hotspot was tough, but I eventually got through.  Only 5 QSOs for the sprint, but at least I got in :-)

-- 
David, K9DWR

On Jul 2, 2016, at 16:26, David Rock <david@...> wrote:

Activating TeamViewer for the weekend. No local wifi so wish me luck. 

-- 
David Rock

On Jul 2, 2016, at 07:52, Matthew King - KK4CPS mrk.twg@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

 

This year's Firecracker Sprint is coming up in just a few hours, y'all!

It's 2000UTC 2nd - 2000UTC 3rd July this year, and you'll submit a 6 hour block of contacts.

More info is available here: 2016 FIRECRACKER SPRINT

Look forward to seeing y'all in the sprint!

73


Matthew King

KW4VY 070 #1708

PODXS 070 Club Executive Director



Re: 2016 40m Firecracker Sprint

David, K9DWR
 

Thanks for sticking with me John.  TeamViewer over a phone hotspot was tough, but I eventually got through.  Only 5 QSOs for the sprint, but at least I got in :-)

-- 
David, K9DWR

On Jul 2, 2016, at 16:26, David Rock <david@...> wrote:

Activating TeamViewer for the weekend. No local wifi so wish me luck. 

-- 
David Rock

On Jul 2, 2016, at 07:52, Matthew King - KK4CPS mrk.twg@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

 

This year's Firecracker Sprint is coming up in just a few hours, y'all!

It's 2000UTC 2nd - 2000UTC 3rd July this year, and you'll submit a 6 hour block of contacts.

More info is available here: 2016 FIRECRACKER SPRINT

Look forward to seeing y'all in the sprint!

73


Matthew King

KW4VY 070 #1708

PODXS 070 Club Executive Director


If you are not playing in the Firecracker...

John Bower <poppajohnbower@...>
 

K2H MA 13 colonies is on 40m.
Why not make some firecracker QSO's even if your state will not allow fireworks!!
Look forward to seeing you
John KE4JB


TA2K/0

delos_byrne
 

Correction. 14.072.4

Sent from My iPad 3


TA2K/0 AS-159

delos_byrne
 

TA2K/0 (Mustafa) is on 20 Meters right now and strong in Michigan.
14.024
Delos / NO8R

Sent from My iPad 3


Re: 2016 40m Firecracker Sprint

David, K9DWR
 

Activating TeamViewer for the weekend. No local wifi so wish me luck. 

-- 
David Rock

On Jul 2, 2016, at 07:52, Matthew King - KK4CPS mrk.twg@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

 

This year's Firecracker Sprint is coming up in just a few hours, y'all!

It's 2000UTC 2nd - 2000UTC 3rd July this year, and you'll submit a 6 hour block of contacts.

More info is available here: 2016 FIRECRACKER SPRINT

Look forward to seeing y'all in the sprint!

73


Matthew King

KW4VY 070 #1708

PODXS 070 Club Executive Director


Re: 2016 40m Firecracker Sprint

David Westbrook
 

For scorer submission help, please email contests@... instead of me directly.  Thanks in advance to David K9DWR for helping with scorer support and answering the contest@ emails.

73
-david
Kj4izw

On Jul 2, 2016 7:52 AM, "Matthew King - KK4CPS mrk.twg@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:
 

This year's Firecracker Sprint is coming up in just a few hours, y'all!

It's 2000UTC 2nd - 2000UTC 3rd July this year, and you'll submit a 6 hour block of contacts.

More info is available here: 2016 FIRECRACKER SPRINT

Look forward to seeing y'all in the sprint!

73


Matthew King

KW4VY 070 #1708

PODXS 070 Club Executive Director


Re: 070] 13 Colonies GB13COL

Paula K7PAX #1739
 

I did manage to pick k2b last night on 20 Meters but it was rough. So now I have two worked. Will be away from my radio for a couple of days for camping so will have to try to pick up on Monday.

Paula K7PAX

"boat.anchor@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:
 

Paula

I watched K2B on 30M JT65 up until a couple minutes ago.
He could not hear me at 20W and being used to only needing 5W
I decided to give him a pass.
Have a good evening
Barry



---In 070@..., <hamette@...> wrote :

And you have probably been trying a lot longer than I have! I just got lucky. I guess I will have to resort to RTTY or CW. Not busting any pileups on SSB . . .

 

Paula K7PAX

 

From: 070@... [mailto:070@...]
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2016 16:49
To: 070@...
Subject: RE: [070] 13 Colonies GB13COL

 

 

Paula

You should be elated. You are one up on me.

Barry

 



---In 070@..., <hamette@...> wrote :

So Jealous – I only got K2D this morning before work. Haven’t seen any others out here in WA this afternoon. (Pouting)

 

Paula K7PAX

  

19621 - 19640 of 67848