BeaconSee - Great propagation tool

Dave Kjellquist, WB5NHL

If you haven't visited the IARU HF beacon web site
lately. Or, don't know what BeaconSee is. Or, better
yet have no idea what I'm talking about you're missing
one of the best ways of finding out what is really
happening on the HF bands.

Yesterday, I installed BeaconSee on my WinDoze
computer. It is a little like watching grass grow but
,Wow I can see via a waterfall diplay, propagation to
beacons world wide automatically. The program
automatically tunes my TS-570 receiver (and many other
rigs). In 20 minutes of monitoring last night I
realized that there should be more evening activity on
15 meters.

If all this sounds interesting checkout the NCDXF/IARU
beacon site at http://www.ncdxf.org/beacon.htm

The software BeaconSee is available at
http://sapp.telepac.pt/coaa/

Note your computer needs to be accurately time
synchronized via an attached GPS rcvr or I use web
based time servers on my DSL line with the program
AboutTime available at http://www.arachnoid.com/abouttime/

Sorry for such a long posting but this program to
monitor HF beacons is really neat.

73 Dave WB5NHL