Re: MFSK16, PSK125F,...

N3DQU@...

In a message dated 1/30/2002 3:07:36 PM Eastern Standard Time, kc0deb@... writes:

Subj:[070] MFSK16, PSK125F,...
Date:1/30/2002 3:07:36 PM Eastern Standard Time
From:kc0deb@...
Reply-to:070@...
To:070@...
Sent from the Internet

Hi Everyone,

I am reloading several Digimode programs again, after a PC crash, and bumped
into IZ8BLY's "Stream" program.  It looks very nice, does anyone have any
experience working in any of the modes available in this program, besides
PSK31? I find the MFSK en the PSK63 , PSK125 interesting, but haven't heard
anyone to try it with. Are there separate frequencies for these modes, since
they are a bit more broadband than PSK31?  How about it, Jay? (DQU)  You are
always in for an experiment, right?  hihi    73 de John KC0DEB

   Hey, glad to see you made it back safe and sound John! Hope your journey was an enjoyable one. I have in fact used IZ8BLY's Stream program to work MFSK16. The program is really different to use, especially if you are used to Digipan or MixW, but it appears to be a stable program and also has a very good help file. Suggest you use Ernie Mill's very fb tutorial on MFSK16/Stream to help fill in the blanks < www.qsl.net/wm2u >. Seems like the MFSK16 crowd is a very small but enthusiastic bunch and putting out a call on what seems to be a dead band will oftentimes bring them out of hiding hi! Most of them act surprised to hear another MFSK16 signal out there! I think I have maybe 10 or 12 different stations in the log on that mode, even managed to cross the pond on 10m. The mode is definitely different from PSK31 as it has FEC, but don't know if it is much of an advantage. Does sound neater on the air than PSK tho, an interesting mode to play around with...Jay N3DQU.