From: Stephen J. Melachrinos <w3hf@arrl.net>
To: <070@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2002 9:18 PM
Subject: Re: [070] PSKFEST experiences

: First of all, let me echo Dave (WB5NHL) 's comments about thanks
: for those of you that were listening for the little guys. I know it was
: hard for you to dig the signal out of the noise at some times, but
: it's an ego boost to then get a 599 report. hi hi
:

I tried to use my PSK20 (tuned a little up to 4 watts) within the contest
with fewer success, than I expected. Antennas were a Diamond CP6 and a
windom FD4. There was no great difference while contacting Europeans, and DX
was a luck play. On late afternoon fell my success rate decreased on 1 QSO
per hour. Highlight for me was VE3IAY (he called me !!!), and the effort to
get Ernie, WM2U, hi.

Total result were 66 contacts and 22 multipliers, all on 20 meters only.

Nevertheless it made fun. But I believe, 20m single band was under no
circumstances the best choice during this contest when 15/10m were open.
However, it was a good possibility to test the device.

cuagn again on the band in next contest.

73's de Dieter - DL2RR