Sound Card Error

n0bhc

The dreaded "Sound card in use or nonexistent" error struck a couple times
during the 400 Party.

The only solution I have found is to shut down DigiPan and restart. Does
anyone have any ideas on what causes this annoying situation?

Here are the computer vitals;
The operating system is Win 98 2nd edition.
Computer is AMD Athalon with 512 MB.
Motherboard is a Biostar M7VIW with the KT266/A chipset.
Sound is processed on the main board. No plug-in sound cards.

Please Gentlemen, I'm not looking for opinions on PC / Apple or Windows /
Linux, etc. I'm just looking for any information anyone has regarding this
error.

Thanks in advance for your help.

73
Bob N0BHC