Re: EA9CD

Steve W3HF

Look up EA9CD's detailed information on QRZ ... you will find in his
details the following: QSL CARD ONLY VIA DIRECT IN MODE DIGITAL (NO
BUREAU)

And on his webpage at http://www.ea9cd.com/ ... "Confirmation of QSL
in ways digital single direct road SATSE (2 $, 1 IRC or 2 Euro) "

So he is quite clear about the qsl method for digital... I had a psk
qso with him on Aug 8, 01 and received his card Oct 5,
01.

I periodically upload my log to eqsl ... did not think to exclude this
qso and later noticed the rejection.

Tom, k3psk
Tom -

I guess my thoughts are these:

1. Although the notes above say "direct only," the emphasis seems
to be NO BUREAU, as the parenthetical note says. Nothing in his
statement says NO EQSL.

2. The use of eQSL to reject an electronic QSL, simply because of
"policy" seems to me to be a misuse of eQSL resources. I could
understand it if he would simply ignore eQSLs, but to reject them
with the statement "direct only" violates the whole premise of the
eQSL service.