CQ Digital Prefix Hunters

N3DQU@...

CQ digital prefix hunters! Beginning January 1, 2002, the Penn-Ohio DX
Society (PODXS) will be unveiling a new award program called PODXS DPX.
Similar to the CQ WPX program, PODXS DPX is for the amateur out there who
does his prefix hunting on the digital modes.
The idea for this award came from Ernie Mills WM2U when he discovered that
the CQ WPX program covered only the CW and Phone modes. So for the last
couple of weeks, Ernie and I have been burning up the internet, sending ideas
and files back and forth until finally we came up with what we think will be
a very popular program with the digital crowd! As it turns out, Ernie is a
great guy to work with and pretty much already had the whole thing figured
out at his end, all I had to do is throw in my 2 cents worth every once in
awhile to keep things interesting! Hmmm...Guess that is why the Rumble is
such a big success, eh!
The rules and forms are available at two websites: <
http://www.qsl.net/wm2u/podxs_dpx.html > and <
http://hometown.aol.com/n3dqu/podxs_dpx.htm >. A "Top Ten" list will also be
posted yearly on the PODXS website. Note that the DPX program will not be
officially online until Jan 1, 2002 so don't start sending in your
applications yet, but I wanted to give you guys advance notice so you can
start counting up them prefixes. Also, please note that 070 Club members get
a 50% discount on the basic certificate, just one of the many perks of 070
Club membership hi! 73 de Jay N3DQU.