Re: warning on Ham Radio Deluxe

Brian (N2MLP)

A rip paid for software
After a year no longer works crashes in first hour

Contacted HRD support
Spoke to one of there reps

He couldn’t figure it out

But if I paid more money they would work on problem

RIPOFF

On Jun 16, 2022, at 1:57 PM, Eric KG6MZS <contact@...> wrote:

Contrary to what Karl Marx asserted the price of goods or services is not objective.

Overall I've been happy with the money I've spent with HRD. I don't have a single suite of programs that hasn't suffered growing pains. I use Adobe's Creative suite for work and, while it is amazing software, there has been some rather painful bumps in the road from Photoshop 1.0, Illustrator 1.0 and After Effects 1.0. That is just the nature of software I am afraid.

By comparison, the HRD suite has been pretty bump-free up until now. So I will cut them some slack. ...and I do not feel entitled to free software.

For HRD to be considered a "rip-off," I'd have to say that some kind of fraud was involved. Otherwise, if the price is too high for you, then that's what the free market is for and Marx be damned.

Another country heard from,

Eric KG6MZS

On 6/16/22 10:20 AM, Brian (N2MLP) wrote:
HRD is a rip off software