Re: Valentine Sprint Log Uploader did not seem to pick up OM/YL data

David, K9DWR

* Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> [2022-02-15 18:56]:
Same here, and awaiting answer from our programmer.

On 2/15/2022 5:10 PM, N9JCA Chris wrote:
How does the checker know id your contact was either an OM or YL?
Hey folks.

I'm looking into this, but I likely won't have a quick answer to what
the scoring is doing. What I can say right now is a few things:

1. The code is correctly identifying YL entries. Looking at K5SP's log
and the debug output from the code, I see that the 4 YL multipliers got
picked up with the other multipliers.

{'mults': {'dxcc': {'data': ['291', '1'], 'errors': []},
'state': ['TX',
'UT',
'IL',
'SC',
'ON',
'FL',
'NC',
'WV',
'AZ',
'MS',
'GA',
'CA',
'MI',
'NY',
'OH',
'WA',
'IN'],
--->> 'yl': 4},

2. The YL is picked up if it's put in any of the following fields in
descending order (and yes, I have seen it put in all of these fields):
app_n1mm_misctext
srx_string
srx
comment
notes
name
class
other
award

So the odds are very high that if you put the info in any of these
locations, it got picked up.

3. While the output is not displaying discrete information about a
contact's status (OM/YL), it is being recognized.

What I'm looking into is whether or not the actual scoring logic is
working as intended. I'll check some things and figure out if anything
is broken first, and look into more detailed output to represent this in
the displayed results once that's validated.

--
David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@...