Re: Winter Field Day

Steve WB3LGC

My Plan is to operate WFD from BSA Camp Rodney in North East, MD as I am one of a group of Campmasters at Camp next weekend.
I will not be on the full 24Hr as I will need to pack up soon after 1200z.
I will be operating from a cabin, but have not (yet) determined my class.
As I read the rules,  "inside a remote, insulated, heated and weather-protected structure" ...
"insulated" seems to be emphasized elsewhere (my 100 year old home is not "insulated" and until this morning, heat was an issue).
Since I don't have all four, I "guess" I am OUTDOOR.

I will be QRP with a long wire antenna.
I will operate PSK, JS8call, and some SSB.
I may have scouts looking for a Radio Scouting demo.
See: https://rsgb.org/main/get-started-in-amateur-radio/amateur-radio-a-hobby-for-the-21st-century/

Since I will be QRP;  look for NR3I #2878  aka Steve WB3LGC #2814

On 1/23/22 22:49, N9JCA Chris wrote:
Is anyone Planning on operating Winter Field Day

Jan 29 - 30  1900 thru 1900  ( 24 hrs )

I will be Operating Winter Field Day

as N9JCA 1H IN  Hope to see you all on the Waterfall

Chris N9JCA PODXS #797 LONP #165