Re: My departure as Director of Awards/Endorsesments

Lee McDaniel WB4QOJ

Jerry,

     Prayers for you.

Lee WB4QOJ

On Tue, Jan 4, 2022 at 10:49 AM declan lennon via groups.io <ei9hq=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Jerry

     Sorry to hear abt your cancer I had it in 1996 with 9 months of chemo in 1996 u will have good days and bad days the radio help me get through the day I started about an 1 hour in the morning  and same in the afternoon with the worked all Britain group.
Worked over 3000 wab squares that year also got the net controller award that year keep the spirits up thinking of you

Declan ei9hq

On Tue, 4 Jan 2022 at 15:10, Jerry N9AVY
<n9avy@...> wrote:
Perhaps many of you are wondering why I left the job on January 1, 2022.

My health has deteriorated over the past few months and I haven't been on the air since September 2021. Truth is I have cancer and am in chemo at present.  Have good/bad days, but am hoping to get through this. Being on computer is a chore these days as well.

The Director job got to be more than I could handle and what started out as a 5 minute per day job turned into something I could no longer handle.

So, I'll be gone for some time, but hoping for the best.

73,   Jerry  N9AVY