DOUBLEHEADER TRIPLE PLAY LOW BAND SPRINT – Tomorrow !

stan W9SMR

The Ø7Ø Club DOUBLEHEADER TRIPLE PLAY LOW BAND SPRINT is tomorrow –

CONTEST PERIOD

Saturday, December 11 - 0000 UTC
 Monday, December 13 - 2359 UTC

This is a 3 day event – Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings in US

Sprint Rules – Work a 6 hour block each UTC Date. For Scoring, your 6 hour block will start with the hour you select on the Scoring page and continue for the next 6 hours. You may have only one “Block” or “Block Portion” on a given UTC date.

NOTE  that any start time of 1800 or later will end at 2359 that UTC day, so those times are consolidated into a single "1800-2300" start time selection in the Contest Scorer.

Work each station once per band - DURING THE ENTIRE CONTEST PERIOD..

(Same station, same band, different day is a dupe!)

Open to all licensed radio amateurs. Using 40M, 80M and 160M.

For Rules and detailsClick Here: DOUBLEHEADER RULES

Frequencies
: - 1.807 / 1.838 MHz (Europe). 3.580 MHz, 7.070 / 7.040 / 7.035 (Europe) MHz

4 Power Categories
:

QRP < 5 W
Low < 25 W
Medium < 50 W
High < 100 W

Exchange:
  State/Province/Country (SPC)    eg: “FL

Call: “CQ 070 Sprint”

All entry logs
 must be uploaded within 1 week after the event ends. See Uploader Link in Rules.

This event will again test your ingenuity and stealthy antenna talents. But with 3 bands to choose from, you can optimize your luck with propagation.

This event will also decide the ultimate winner of the annual RC3 (Rollo Cup Contest Championship). The RC3 has been a tight competition for the last several years. This year promises to be another squeaker!

And it will again be worth pursuing, in order to grab that Top Band Endorsement Sticker with 20 QSOS on 160M. Only
44 of our 2,810 members have earned the Top Band Sticker.

And 160M QSOs count as 3 points each.

Especially for help in grabbing a few 160M QSOs, it is helpful to post your intentions to QSY on the Reflector. Bob, KK6KMU, has set up a Triple Play Low Band Sprint CHAT GROUP on the Main Groups.io site. Subscribe to that for an active helping hand. Also, be sure to use PSKReporter and to Spot calls seen. We need all the help we can get.

This is one of our most popular contests. Last year 49 logs were submitted. Top Dawg and 1st in High Power was John, KC3FL of Inverness, FL, with a record breaking 110 QSOs (7 on 160M) and 5476 points.

Let’s see if we can beat that turnout.

73,

Stan

W9SMR - 070  #1611