Re: IEEE Future of Ham Radio

Rick - N7WE

Indeed an interesting article Jim.  Thanks for posting the link.  It would be interesting to see what has happened over the last 40 years or so in terms of the number of IEEE members who are also licensed amateur radio operators or hold a GROL.  I suspect it has declined as we all age and continue to loose some of the great ones.  Fred Cady - KE7X (SK) whose publications were very helpful to me comes to mind.  IEEE continues to expand into new technologies, as they should, but I think that too is reducing the ham population amongst their membership.