Re: Various KL7 & KH6 stations

Jerry N9AVY

RRR

On Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 12:43:17 PM CDT, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:

I would prefer you would not post to the entire membership that issues you encounter in doing your job are caused by the checker and/or software issues.  Your detrimental comments do nothing to solve the issue, and only creates further apprehension among the members about our capabilities.   As a director, you should always be positive about the club and it's membership.

Jim K5SP

On 10/5/2021 10:24 AM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:
Milt :

When KL7RF IDs with /8 is a dead giveaway he's not in Alaska.

I usually use with FCC Database or QRZ to determine where these station are located.  Sometimes even use my own log.

I used the checker/software excuse to cover up the real reasons ... carelessness in log entries . Call it what you will.

jerry  n9avy

On Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 10:09:20 AM CDT, N6MG - Milt. via groups.io <n6mg@...> wrote:

Jerry, it's an issue that we all have to be aware of.
It's not the fault of the software or log checker. How's the log checker supposed to know that Bill moved from AK to OH?
As Director of Awards & Endorsements, what criteria do you use to determine the QTH of a KL7 or KH6 callsign?
Milt.
N6MG