Re: Kenwood TS-590SG with Fldigi - help needed with new setup

Steve VA3FLF/KM4FLF

Alan,

I am a HRD user but check the TS590 G3NRW resource page at http://g3nrw.net/TS-590/

The USB interface settings are pretty standard for digital interface.

On Sep 12, 2021, at 19:58, Alan - KA5VZG <ka5vzg@...> wrote:

My FT-450 bit the dust. I was using it and a Signallink USB with Fldigi v4.1.19.

I just opened the box for my new Kenwood TS-590SG.  Lots more buttons, dials, and menus than the old Yaesu :-)

I have managed to get the radio hooked up to my antennas, tuner, and PC.
I have installed Kenwood's Virtual COM Port Driver. (It appears to like COM4)
I have the Kenwood ARCP-590G. radio control program loaded.

Does anyone have a list of setup steps to get the TS-590SG up and running with Fldigi?
The instruction manual is not especially user friendly.