Hudak 80M Sprint

Jim K5SP

Did not fare well in the sprint last evening.  Had SWR issues that I could not resolve at night, and had to run QRP to keep swr down to workable level.  Any higher would cause it to drastically jump to over 5.8.

Submitted log anyway, saw many of you but apparently you did not copy me.

On another note, several months ago, all the contests were changed in regards to the required exchange.  You no longer have to include a signal report in the exchange.  Everybody always gave a 599, so it was a useless part of the exchange.  And, for example, the 80m Sprint last evening only required the SPC in the exchange.  Always review the exchange prior to the contest starting.  That being said, we never penalize anyone for having excessive exchanges, in fact, we encourage the time taken to greet old friends and wish them well.

Hope everyone had fun.

Jim,  K5SP #483