Re: Display ideas

Dave Rowlinson

Although not a true RF based demonstration, what about 2 computers, with their audio connections tied to one another?  The audio out from going to the audio in of the other and vice versa..  With both computers running FLDIGI in PSK mode, that would demonstrate the activity, and if you port the audio of one to the speakers very quietly, that would give the audio sound of the tones transmitted over RF.

If attendees are allowed to try the system, they could see how the operations would work.  If this has to be a hands-off display, then the similar actions could be a script running on one to "type" the messages that would appear on the other.

On Sun, 15 Aug 2021 at 18:28, Bob Motyl KK6KMU <bobmotyl@...> wrote:
Bill,

This is a great question.  I was thinking about what it would take to give a PSK demo without radios.  I see that FLDIGI can record the audio and then play it back.  I haven't figured it out yet but it may allow you to record QSOs and then play the whole thing back.  All you would need would a large screen and a computer.  I'm not sure if that is what the function is for.

Let us knw what  you come up with.

Bob
KK6KMU