Re: 20m

JoAnn Donaldson

Had a Cool front come thru with T-Storms, so had to shutdown. Those are thru now and back on the air looking for APE's. on 20M PSK.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Saturday, August 14, 2021, 03:09:22 PM CDT, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

Been researching past performance on 20m.  It seems as though I can draw a circle about 400-500 miles around my QTH and that is the zone of silence. In other words, that why I can't work APEs in IN , MN and in other states close by.

Now Milt and other APEs seem to be heard almost all day long.  Just weird propagation...  Used to notice this a lot on 10m years ago, but the circle was more like 600 miles, but I would be able to work "backscatter" on     10m and had many contacts with close in stations back then.

Hope everyone got all of today's APEs ...

Jerry  N9AVY