Re: APE Contest #APE

Jerry N9AVY

When I was in Maine back in 1970s Lobsta was about $5 a lbs.  Lobsta used to be poor peoples food back in the day until the noveau riche decided it was good and drove the prices up.   Actually, Maine fisheries have limited the lobsta catch and that is why prices have gone up so Maine lobstermen can make a decent living.

Jerry  n9avy

On Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 01:28:37 PM CDT, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:

Will be in Maine this weekend, but no radio gear.  Flying in to Bangor, visiting Hartland.

People we are visiting said that lobster prices are outrageous.  15.99 a pound for lobsters they could get for 6.00 a pound last year.

Jim K5SP

On 8/3/2021 9:49 AM, Chuck M via groups.io wrote:
Enjoy Maine and eat some extra lobsters for us.  We were up there in18 and 19, skipped 20, and bought a house in Ohio for this year.  So no trip up there for us at present.  Maybe next year.

73s
Chuck
KD9DVB

On Monday, August 2, 2021, 7:50:43 PM EDT, DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381 via groups.io <davehardy0101@...> wrote:

It is August.  I am operating portable.  I am on an expedition. But this is not my APE yet.  Hope you all will continue to talk to me as I work my way through Maine up to West Quoddy Head Lighthouse.  I've operated 2 days in August from 3 places and worked 5 stations so far.  I plan to get on the air daily in the afternoon or early evening after my travels for the day are done.  Hope to work every day up to the APE dates.  Then I have to boogey home after the 23rd when I get my 366.

I'm looking for APE's and 366er's.  Get on the air and I'll talk to you.

Dave
KB3RAN
APE Manager

--