From: Paul Butzi (W7PFB) via groups.io <w7pfb@...>
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Mon, Jul 19, 2021 7:08 am
Subject: Re: [070Club] Tarheel Model 75A

Milt, I'm using the Baby Tarheel II on a HUGE three magnet magmount.  On top of the Tarheel I've got a quick release whip mount, and I have the mate to the mount on the end of several different whip options.  I'm using a Tunematic Lite controller.

As an NVIS experiment I tried a long wire (I don't recall length) mounted directly to the top of the Tarheel and then stretched out horizontally perhaps 100 feet, adjusting the Tarheel to tune it.  I used an antenna analyzer to get it tuned, and it worked just fine, tuning to perhaps 1:1.2.  It wasn't as good on 80m as my 135' OCFD up at 35 feet but I didn't really expect that.  The problem I was trying to get around was that with the radio I was using at the time trying to work psk31 on 3.580MHz the RFI would drive my cheap laptop into a catatonic state, and getting the radiator a little bit away from directly over my head seemed like a good move.

One of the nice things about the Buddipole whips is that they are collapsible, so you don't end up with a long long whip you have to cart around or worry about low bridging.

-p W7PFB
73, Don't forget to smile and have fun!