From: Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...>
To: main@070Club.groups.io <main@070Club.groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Jul 3, 2021 9:30 am
Subject: Re: [070Club] IC7300 UFH Coverage??

You should follow the sites with used radio.  If they were built in last decade the prices start at $500 and go up.. up.. up.  Love the comment on some 20 year old radios 'LIKE NEW"... seems like it's either new or not.
Some folks perception of reality is a bit skewed.   Most want local pickup with cash and will not ship.  Shipping is important because original packing has been tossed and radios need to be double boxed (remember the Samsonite luggage TV ads with the gorillas ?).

Jerry   n9avy

On Saturday, July 3, 2021, 11:15:28 AM CDT, Richard Rohrer <kc3ef@...> wrote:

I know some of the members have IC7300 and I am curious as to which UHF bands they cover??  Since my IC7410 took a lightning hit I have been looking at new radios if the insurance money comes thru.  One of the major industrial supply companies has then on their website as UHF base radios at the heft price of $2,500.  This confused me, since I thought they were HF/50 radios.  Are these some kind of super IC7300 since they are also about twice the going price, hi hi.  I also so one for same used as a rare Icom radio for $1500 must be better than the new ones from the ham vendors to cost more.

Just a little humor on rig prices.
--
Dick - KC3EF
070 - 747