Re: Solar panels and radio

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

John,

I took your suggestion and this is the answer I got.  Thought I'd share it with the group.

Question:  Are there any products that mitigate the RFI noise caused by solar panels? Specifically panels with micro inverters. I have found some products but nothing to document the effectiveness is referenced.

Answer:
Hello,

Great question - unfortunately there are so many variations on solar controllers out there, there is no one-size fits all solution.

Your best bet is to contact the company that installed the system and complain about the RF interference - they may have a specific kit that can be installed.

The ARRL is actively working on complaints and with solar manufacturers about this RFI problem.

A good resource of info is the RFI Reflector http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/RFI/

Good luck & 73,

Tom, KB8UUZ

DX Engineering