Uploads

JoAnn Donaldson

I don't know what kind of Database the 070 Club uses but almost every database I have used, you can upload one record or thousands and it will not affect any of the records already stored. As for doing corrections, it is a simple SQL script that will cause the record in question to be over written with the new record. Also uploading already existing records can either cause all the existing records to be over written or duplicate records to be installed. To display a persons awards, again it is a simple script that will go thru the database, find that persons entries and display them to the screen. Also by using a person's callsign as the key field, the database can hold everyone that uploads to it. With the key field being the persons callsign allows the Sql script to see only those records that relate to the user. So there is no reason to upload ones entire log. Seems to me that the 070 really needs to be brought into the 21th Century.

JoAnn
AB8YZ