Re: ARRL Monitoring report (ARRL Letter)

Eric KG6MZS

On 6/20/21 4:13 PM, Stephen Melachrinos via groups.io wrote:

One supplement: maybe I misunderstood what you meant by "how long these people call CQ." I interpreted that as total duration of multiple individual CQs. If you meant a continuous key-down, then I agree with you.
Except Art was talking about FT8 where continuous key down would be impossible given that the mode is only 15 seconds on, 15 seconds off.

Considering the nature of sporadic E propagation on 6m, calling CQ for long periods of time makes sense to me.  I don't understand why anyone would object.  There is plenty of room on 6m for anybody to do their own thing. To me this is a tempest in a teapot.

In regard to people who call CQ on SSB for long periods of time without unkeying, that seems pretty counter-productive to me. I've actually given up waiting for operators like that to unkey so I can answer them and moved on.

Another country heard from

73 Eric KG6MZS