Re: ARRL Monitoring report (ARRL Letter)

Rick - N7WE

Having previously used some of the WSJT modes on 6m, I tried FT8 on HF when it was introduced.  As soon as the novelty wore off, I became dissatisfied and haven't been back.  So I'm no expert, but I think part of the problem Art describes may have to do with the op not having a properly time-synced computer.  As I recall, if your time sync is more than 0.5 seconds out, you will not get a decode which, when coupled with the automated CQ, the "Auto Seq" and, "1st call" features, could lead to continous CQs - even when others are responding to the CQ.