Re: ARRL Monitoring report (ARRL Letter)

K7DWI Art

Hey Jerry and Steve,
On 6 Meters when I lived in central Arizona, there were 3 Hams that ran a Kilowatt (one 1500) and 3 more running 500 watts all "Line of Sight".
When FT8 exploded, I though I was going to go "Postal".šŸ¤¬
The problem with 6 Meters is line of sight. No signal with weaken.
10 Meters has similar characteristics. Not as bad as 6 Meters, but close.
Besides strong signals, just like PSK31 on occasions a few operators haven't learned how to control computer audio and their ALC.
A lot of this has to deal with the Automatic operation of FT8, where with PSK31 you are monitoring and looking.
Other that a few overdriven audios, I have no complaints with PSK31 other than CQ's that don't respond to my return. Common at my new QTH.
In the last few minutes I saw a local here on 6 Meters FT8 CQ's get an answer, he never got a Roger and signal report back. He continued to send his signal report in its 15 second sequence for 5 minutes.
Another local on 10 Meters sending CQ showed about 7 images on the waterfall each time transmitted. On his non transmit sequences thereĀ  was a VE6 working a string of calls.
I worked him on the 3rd call after he finished working another. When completed, he was still calling CQ. He finally called the VE6 and by then he was gone (VE6).

Again, I think the attitude and skill level has gone to Hell in a Handbasket.
Hoping to play in the Firecracker.

73 Art K7DWI #2518