Re: T-Storm this morning

Eric KG6MZS

Thanks Jerry,

Us Southern Californians don't worry about lightning too much.  My "system" at home is to just disconnect the K3 and the AT2K completely.

I did not stop to smell the flowers on the way down.  I was more interested in getting the lightning above me.

Many years ago we did a two week trip in the Brooks Range, Alaska.  Carried ice gear, rock gear and snow gear on top of the 2 weeks provisions.  I didn't weigh my pack, but it was upwards of 50 pounds, I'm sure.  Turns out weather moved in and we were there 18 days - the last three with no food.  That was an adventure.

73 Eric KG6MZS

On 6/20/21 9:27 AM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:
Eric:

Nice going and glad you escaped Mother Nature's Fireworks.

Nice pics of area and flowers.  Stop to smell the flowers ?

You may need to do more practice runs with heavier packs (50 lbs ?); then, 30 libs won't seem so heavy Emoji

73   ,  Jerry n9avy

On Sunday, June 20, 2021, 11:16:30 AM CDT, Eric KG6MZS <contact@...> wrote:

Jerry & Crew,

My story from yesterday isn't as dramatic:

Yesterday I hiked up the 10,441' Pajarito Mountain in New Mexico.  I was
having a lot of fun working 24 stations all over the US and Canada when
I noticed that some monsoon cumulus starting to build.  Sure enough, as
I was wrapping it up, thunder became audible and big fat drops started
to fall.  The lightning got closer and closer as I scurried down the
mountain. Fortunately getting soaked was the only price I payed.

Here is the full write-up:

https://kg6mzs.com/2021/06/20/pajarito-mountain/

73 Eric,KG6MZS