Re: T-Storm this morning

Rick - N7WE

Sorry to hear that Dick.  Glad you and Kathy are OK and you had no fire.  Equipment can be replaced, people can't.

Although it is a hassle to get everything replaced, it just takes time.  As to the "licensed technician," I think probably anyone with a FCC GORL license would satisfy them.  Our local sheriff's department has a communications department with several GROL holders (also they are also hams and members of the local radio club) and almost all fixed base operators that do aircraft radio maintance and repair have a GROL licensed person on staff.

Good luck, and give a shout if I can help you out with anything.