T-Storm this morning

Jerry N9AVY

T-storm rolled i about 4 am this morning. Was typical except for one very loud and possible nearby hit.  Must have been close as it woke me up out of sound sleep. Looked out window and noticed neighbors motion detector light was tripped.   This hit was too close for comfort.

My tower is located about 8-10 feet from where I sleep; so lightning is always a concern. Although there are 3 ground rods on tower, I was advised by a friend to tie them all together with a circle of heavy wire. Maybe once I do that I'll sleep easier.

Glad I don't live in FL which is lightning capitol of USA.