Re: ALC Setup for ICOM 718

KN4ZXG

Push the set button on the IC718 to toggle the SWR, PO, ALC meters until you get to ALC.  If you've messed around with your audio levels on your soundcard, you can still tweak it more in the software, for instance, if you're using fldigi, there's tx attenuation in bottom, close to right hand side.  Keep scrolling it down and keep an eye on your ALC on the 718 until it's gone or just about gone.

I have a signalink and I've found I don't fiddle around with the TX/RX levels on it as often as messing with the TX levels in the software.