Re: ALC Setup for ICOM 718

Leland Sly

The amount of signal distortion and ALC deflection you get is determined by the speaker volume on your computer.  Turn the speaker volume down and watch the ALC deflection get less and less.  I adjust the speaker volume so I get no ALC deflection at all on the meter on the radio.  Once you are at that point your signal will be clean and have no distortion.

73

Lee N5SLY

On Sun, Jun 13, 2021 at 1:25 PM N9JCA Chris <n9jca.chris@...> wrote:
Is anyone running an ICOM 718
MY signal is very HOT and I can't find the ALC Setup
I'm only doing 20 W on output but very red between the RailRoad
I know it was doing this in the TDW Contest that's why I had to shut down
Any Help would be appreciated  Thanks
N9JCA Chris PODXS 797