Re: New Chat: WARC Endorsement #chat-notice

Josef 'Jeff' Sipek

On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 09:57:08 -0700, John - KC3FL via groups.io wrote:
I would think 12:00 GMT would be 12:00 GMT everywhere since it's Universal
Time.  I don't think GMT is affected by Daylight Savings as on the east
coast our 00:00 went from 7 PM to 8 PM when we went into Daylight
Savings.  We changed but GMT didn't.
It depends on if the software truly means +0 hours or if it means "time in
UK" - which changes during the summer to Brittish Summer Time (BST).
Because of this confusion, it tends to be less confusing to use "UTC" when
you want "zulu time" instead of "GMT" which is way too often mis-interpreted
as the time in UK.

If you want true UTC timezone and the software doesn't give you one - you
can use Iceland as your preferred timezone. Iceland is on UTC year-round.

Jeff.