Re: New Member

Jerry N9AVY

May be time for retaliatory TVI/RFI strikes against neighbors   Emoji

jerry  n9avy

On Tuesday, June 8, 2021, 11:58:24 AM CDT, JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io <joannplano2005@...> wrote:

I agree the noise level is getting bad. A lot of my neighbors are installing Solar Arrays on their roofs. When it is a really sunny day, I start to see spikes on the waterfall. They generally will disappear when the sun goes down. Really glad to see PSK31 is not only still alive but thriving. I was able to make 140 contacts. I am now a new member of the 070 club with # 2844.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Monday, June 7, 2021, 10:30:59 PM CDT, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

Mike:

You're not alone.  Noise level is usually about S-9 to 10 db over.  Power lines are buried so there are no poles; however the substation is about 1/4 miles as the crow flies.

Neighbors with noisy computers and such are also part  of problem.  Some days I dream of driving a bulldozer thru neighborhood, but that wishful thinking, hi, hi !

73,  Jerry  n9avy #454

On Monday, June 7, 2021, 10:08:26 PM CDT, Mike / KC7MAW <mneiner@...> wrote:

Welcome, I feel your pain on the noise.  I live in an urban area on a standard City Lot.  i have power lines on two sides and close in neighbors on the other two.
I have a steady S8 on 40-80 and on 20 meters the noise is ever present S4 to S8 but some days I get a break.

My primary mode is anything digital......