Re: New Member

Jerry N9AVY

Mike:

You're not alone.  Noise level is usually about S-9 to 10 db over.  Power lines are buried so there are no poles; however the substation is about 1/4 miles as the crow flies.

Neighbors with noisy computers and such are also part  of problem.  Some days I dream of driving a bulldozer thru neighborhood, but that wishful thinking, hi, hi !

73,  Jerry  n9avy #454

On Monday, June 7, 2021, 10:08:26 PM CDT, Mike / KC7MAW <mneiner@...> wrote:

Welcome, I feel your pain on the noise.  I live in an urban area on a standard City Lot.  i have power lines on two sides and close in neighbors on the other two.
I have a steady S8 on 40-80 and on 20 meters the noise is ever present S4 to S8 but some days I get a break.

My primary mode is anything digital......