Re: New Member

Barry VA7GEM

On Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 07:43 AM, Tom wrote:
Hello everyone -

I discovered the TDW via the contestcalendar.com website and, because I really enjoyed working PSK31 around 15 years ago, I wanted to give it a try. I've been disappointed in the lack of PSK31 ops recently, but I was very pleased to discover a group that was still actively involved in the mode, and further to encounter some very friendly and courteous operators during the weekend.

Although reception is continuously poor at my QTH, I managed to make 38 contacts, which enabled me to apply for membership in this great organization. I was very impressed with the dedication of ops who continued to CQ right up to the last minute on Sunday, especially Barry VA7GEM who was my first contact of the weekend.

Anyway I wanted to thank everyone who went into the logbook during the contest and also to thank Jim K5SP for dealing with membership apps so quickly. I'm very happy to be a member and hope to meet you all on the air.

73 es TU!
Tom W4FLL POD 2846
Welcome aboard Tom and TU for the nice wordsa.