Re: 0000 Stations

JoAnn Donaldson

John
KC3FL

I was one of the 0000 stations. By end of the contest, I had accumulated 140 numbers. Over double what was needed to join the 070 Club. I am now the proud holder of #2844.  I am hoping that as conditions improve that when FT8 gets so crowed that a lot of us will switch to PSK31.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Monday, June 7, 2021, 4:49:23 PM CDT, John - KC3FL via groups.io <kc3fl@...> wrote:

What a pleasant surprise to see all of those 0000 stations on the last day.  Usually that last day is a bummer with mostly dupes, but all of the 0000 stations gave us renewed determination to log a few more contacts.  I think the reason  for so many quad zeroes was because several members took 5 or 6 minutes from contesting and explained to non members how they could join the fun.  Kudos to those who took the time.  Might be a good idea to talk up the Firecracker Sprint during qso's for the next few weeks and see if we can get more 0000 stations.

John
KC3FL