Re: CHIMP CHASE - WB3LGC

Steve WB3LGC

OK, I did get on and make a few QSO last night.  Later then I expected as company dropped by.

NOW, today (after 1200z)  I had problems getting the "working last night" W10 machine and Winwabler to work (correctly - as it was last night).  Is it the heat (87F going to 92F) ??  maybe?

I switched to my Raspberry Pi + Fldigi.  It is working, but I am seeing only PSK63 and stations working EU PSK contest.

IT IS hot, I am going to try later this afternoon.  I was only running 5 Watts, but solar...  The 12m mast with 12m wire/9:1 balun tunes well.  I tested 80m to 15m with good SWR before using the ATU.

steve

On 5/21/21 4:02 PM, stephen shearer wrote:

CHANGE - tonight 0000z to 0200z I will NOT be portable...  BUT I will be on 80m from DE for anyone needing the state.  IF, 80m is a dud, I will move to 40m...  I will be running 70 watts.  I will also "chase".

I am trying to "iron" out the kinks with Winwabler.  I have used it before, its been a while.  Not using Raspberry Pi as I "think" Winwabler (and W10) may be better for "contests" aka FD.

Tomorrow, morning (after 1200z) I plan on being portable.

73, steve WB3LGC #2814 FM19er Wilmington, DE

On 5/20/21 11:41 AM, stephen shearer wrote:

OK, since May 22 starts at 00z...
Weather permitting (forecast - to be nice)  I will be on 80m (maybe 40m) from 00z to 02z.
I "expect" to be running 70 watts.

73, steve WB3LGC

On 5/18/21 10:33 AM, stephen shearer via groups.io wrote:

Weather permitting, I plan on being active May 22.  "portable" from the backyard deck.
I will at least be running 10 watts.  Antenna 12m random wire vertical.
Current forecast is cloudy and <25% chance of rain, but 86F may limit me to morning hours.
A nice "dry" run for Field Day...

Plan 20m and 40m
WB3LGC #2814 FM19er Wilmington, DE LoTW upload

changes will be announced via email.
OK, if the station is outside with portable antenna, can I operate remote?  (inside - not in shack - portable wifi)

73, steve WB3LGC #2814

On 5/17/21 8:39 PM, stan W9SMR wrote:
CHIMP CHASE and Endorsement Daze #4
Saturday, May 22
Sunday May 23

CHIMP CHASE  -  Let Us Know Your Plans

You’ve had a couple weeks to make your plans. Please let us know if you plan to go Chimp Chase portable and we will look for you!!

A Chimp qualified portable expedition site must be away from your home radio shack. You may use home power but you need to set up a temporary/portable antenna and station away from the home shack. Backyard ops and park picnic benches are encouraged for this category.