Re: Antenna TESTING AND UPCOMING tdw

Ron Bosch

Tom,
Until 2003/2004 you needed to pass Element 1 to get general, if you had an NC Tech licence and passed Element 1, but not element 3,  you were called Tech Plus.  After July 2003, WRC dropped all code requirements for Amateur radio licenses, and the US soon followed.  After April 2000, no more advanced licenses were issued, but any advanced was grandfathered.  Between 1992/1993 and 2003/2004 the only code requirement was element 1 (5 WPM).

Ron
KE4DRF

On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 5:49 PM Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:
Unless they gave me credit for 13 wpm when I was an Advanced in 1979.   Hmmmm....

Jerry  n9avy

On Thursday, May 13, 2021, 05:27:48 PM CDT, Eric KG6MZS <contact@...> wrote:

Really?  I took my General in 2004 and still had to pass the code
requirement.  Perhaps not for Extra.  Admittedly I was one of the last
Code Generals.

73 Eric KG6MZS