Re: Band plan

Jerry N9AVY

Ron:

We all screw up at some point and that is why we're called "Amateurs".   If we never screwed up we'd be "Professionsals" and much would be expected of us  Emoji.

If/wen you screw up just hope no one saw it or were too nice to mention it. That's always my hope.

Jerry  n9avy

On Thursday, May 13, 2021, 05:05:35 PM CDT, Ron Bosch <boschfamily@...> wrote:

Jerry,
I appreciate the last comment!  I try to be considerate, but often I screw it up, either through ignorance or because the automatic nature of digital is faster than my fingers work.  Rest assured that it is not through intent, but either ignorance or lack of dexterity.

Ron
KE4DRF

On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 4:53 PM Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:
The ARRL Band Plan is only a collection of suggestions and is not carved in stone. Has nothing to do with FCC.  It was an attempt to make some order out of chaos.

Notch filters work well as do filters.  Bet that many do not use either one.  It's always about who gets there first and being "gentlemanly".   One of the things which annoys me is when answering a CQ from another station on his CQ frequency is when another station calls me.  I tend to treat the frequency as the original CQ'ers frequency and try to move out of the way, but many ops are impatient and want that "instant gratification" QSO. But I do slip up occasionally and someone might catch me.

my 2 cents worth ...