Band plan

Jerry N9AVY

The ARRL Band Plan is only a collection of suggestions and is not carved in stone. Has nothing to do with FCC.  It was an attempt to make some order out of chaos.

Notch filters work well as do filters.  Bet that many do not use either one.  It's always about who gets there first and being "gentlemanly".   One of the things which annoys me is when answering a CQ from another station on his CQ frequency is when another station calls me.  I tend to treat the frequency as the original CQ'ers frequency and try to move out of the way, but many ops are impatient and want that "instant gratification" QSO. But I do slip up occasionally and someone might catch me.

my 2 cents worth ...