Re: Antenna TESTING AND UPCOMING tdw

Jerry N9AVY

Rick:

Actually it's been more like 20 years of no-code.  Took my Extra in 2000 and the code had been dropped ... not sure what month it was.    There are still people out there trying to learn or upgrade their CW skills. Code not necessarily as popular as it once was, but still has a following. Groups like CWOPS and others promote CW ad I believe that's a good thing . Operated a lot of CW over the years and have found that many CW operators are better behaved than folks on SSB.

Jerry  n9avy

On Thursday, May 13, 2021, 03:58:16 PM CDT, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:

14 years after full "no-code" licensing and with all the online code practice (including ARRL's contribution) and things like CW Academy, I have to wonder how many people are regularly using W1AW code broadcasts.  It sure does screw up 80m PSK in the evenings here - Monday thru Friday.

Milt, they don't broadcast on Sat or Sun, so that would be the best evenings to test 80m to the east.