From: DAVE KB3RAN 1692/381 via groups.io <davehardy0101@...>
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Sent: Sun, May 9, 2021 9:09 am
Subject: Re: [070Club] Buddipole Antenna

It's really nice if you have an antenna analyzer to check swr.  You can listen to strongest signal by moving the tap along the coil but that's not always the best swr match.  Be sure to have the cheat sheet for setting up the arms, extensions and taps. I run psk ops at 25-50 watts mostly.  Be sure to fasten the tripod to the ground with a ground screw, weight or something to keep it from falling over. Look for the NVIS set up; that works pretty well, too.
--
Dave H KB3RAN 1692/381