Re: Phone on 14070 ???

Bill Williams

Many fishing boats from the islands or South America have ham radios and indiscriminately talk wherever they want.  Sometimes you can hear 5 or 6.  Luckily most of the time they do not talk much or maybe we just can't hear them.  Also it is in spanish or maybe Portugese or some other language that I don't understand.

Bill
AG4QX
0398

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 5:13 PM Ron Bosch <boschfamily@...> wrote:
If you are hearing a weird computer voice, it may be DX from certain countries that require a voice ID tail.  Otherwise, it can be the folks with funny hats and eye patches.

Ron
KE4DRF

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 2:27 PM Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:
Why am I  hearing a phone signal here ???    Curious. Did the allocations change ???