31 Flavors Contest 2021 - Results

stan W9SMR

31 Flavors Contest 2021 results are in. A very BIG THANK YOU to David, K9DWR, for again creating the upload link and parsing the results.

Top Dawg and First Place in Medium Power is John, KC3FL with 113 QSOs, 13 DXCC and 70 SPC/Mult for 9,379 Total Points Those are the highest scores in every category.

Second Place in Medium Power was last year’s contest winner, Lee, N5SLY with 99 QSOs, 12 DXCC and 68 SPC/Mult for 7.920 Total Points. Very impressive performance, but not quite enough to beat John.

Third Place in Medium Power was Robert, KF3AA with 3,055 Total Points.

First Place in Low Power was Alan, KA5VZG with 51 QSOs, 6 DXCC, 30 SPC/Mult for 1,836 Total Points.

Second Place in Low Power was Jim, K5SP with 1,628 Total Points. Jim managed to take a few hours off from his Executive Director role to enjoy the Contest.

Third Place in Low Power was Steve, W3HF with 448 Total Points.

First Place in QRP Power was Peter, NN9K with 39 QSOs, 2 DXCC, 18 SPC/mult and 780 Total Points.

Second Place in QRP Power was Don, KM4UDX with 140 Total Points.

Third Place in QRP Power was non-member Pieter, VE9BWK of Fredericton, NB with 99 Total Points. Thank you, Pieter for joining us!

Winners in each Category are summarized in the table below.

RESULTS - 31 FLAVORS CONTEST - 2021

CALL

QSO

DXCC

SPC/Modes

TOTAL

NOTES

Medium Power 50W

KC3FL

Top Dawg - 1st Place Medium Power

N5SLY

2nd Place Medium Power

KF3AA

3rd Place Medium Power

Low Power 25W

KA5VZG

1st Place Low Power

K5SP

2nd Place Low Power

3rd Place Low Power

QRP Power  5W

NN9K

1st Place QRP Power

KM4UDX

2nd Place QRP Power

VE9BWK

3rd Place QRP Power

This was an 18 hour long window, 6 hour Sprint contest on the 20M band, So, we had to carefully choose the operating times to maximize our results.

This contest is unique in allowing us to compare performance of 6 PSK modes. I don’t know about you, but of these my favorite Flavor by far is BPSK-31. How many of you worked a call on all 6 Modes? Like grabbing a 6-Pack! That became a challenge at times!

We had 52 logs submitted, up from 45 logs last year. Conditions will hopefully continue to improve as we enter Solar Cycle-25

Last year’s 3rd place winner In the Medium Power Category was Barry, VA7GEM. This year, unfortunately, Barry’s submitted log showed no contacts in spite of a valiant effort.
Again he grabs First Place in the “I Tried” category.

Don’t give up, Barry, we’ll keep looking for you from the Pacific North West.

We had 7 non-members submit logs. They were Caleb, KD9PEV; Jeffrey, KF5KWO; Gerald, VE7BGP; Pieter, VE9BWK; Warren, W4FLL; Mark, W6IA; and Van, WA2PCN.

Thank you all for competing and submitting your logs. We hope enjoyed the Contest and that you will join us soon.

Full results will be uploaded to the 070 Club and 070 Club Contest Reflectors. See Groups.io for info on viewing uploaded files: main@070Club.groups.io | Files

The next PODXS 070 Event is
:

Endorsement Daze #4 – LONP and CHIMP CHASE

Saturday, May 22 and Sunday May 23
This is our 4th Endorsement Daze Event. IT IS NOT A CONTEST.

Our NEXT CONTEST will be the Three Day Weekend starting 0000 UTC on Friday, June 4 through 2359 on Sunday, June 6.  This Contest includes all bands from 160M to 6M (no WARC Bands).

See Three Day Weekend Rules at: Rules - Three Day Weekend

73,

 Stan

W9SMR - 070  #1611

PODXS 070 - PR Director