Re: Chimp Practice

Dave Rowlinson

Did you change the usb port it was plugged into?  I have found that when I updated or accidentally changed the usb port I used on the computer,  I had to re-align things to the matching usb.. check in your windows settings what USB port is assigned to each device and make sure that the software mates those.  I have had my CAT and SC get swapped on an update and it took me longer than I want to admit to find that fault.

On Sat, 17 Apr 2021 at 12:32, malcolm heard <heardmalcolm2017@...> wrote:
Sorry about that my brain read 7100.  You clearly said 7000

Malcolm😀

On Sat, Apr 17, 2021 at 11:25 AM Paula K7PAX #1739 via groups.io <hamette=hushmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Malcolm - ic7000 does not direct connect via USB. The cat cable connects from the aux port on the rig with DB9 serial on the far end. I use a Keyspan serial to USB converter and plug into the USB port on the PC. I have used this successfully many times.

Paula K7PAX

On Apr 17, 2021, at 9:17 AM, malcolm heard <heardmalcolm2017@...> wrote:

Paula not clear on connection.  I have 7100 hooked to computer usb direct. Is that what you are attempting?  I use ham radio deluxe.

Malcolm Ke0jbt

On Sat, Apr 17, 2021 at 10:57 AM Paula K7PAX #1739 via groups.io <hamette=hushmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi guys - so I am camping and decided to practice for the Chimp Chase. Using the same laptop and IC 7000 that I used when in Lake Havasu City a couple of years ago. But this time CAT control won’t successfully connect from HRD or from WSJT-X. Probably just some dumb setting I am not thinking of, but I tried all combinations of DTR RTS and BAUD rate with no success. I have upgraded the laptop to Windows 10 since I last operated digitally, but that typically only affects sound card settings. My issue is only with CAT control. Oh, I wonder if it could be power control settings affecting the USB ports. Maybe I just answered my own question! But any suggestions are welcome, and if anyone is using HRD with an IC7000 please share your connection settings. I am using a Keyspan USB to serial adapter and installed the latest driver. The only other hint I can give is that when I lowered the BAUD rate to 4800 I did hear some clicking in the radio, so it is trying to connect on some level - if that helps.

--
Paula K7PAX #1739

--

Leadership • Culture • Talent