Re: MixW3.2. won't load

Jerry N9AVY

Tom, Jim, Milt, Ray and all >>>

Thanks for all your help !!!

Well , I got it fixed, but had to do some stuff I was too sure about.  Then reloaded MixW.

What I found was that I had a lot of duplicate files installed  (like lotw (1), lotw (2) and so on).  There were several files of a lot of stuff. My guess is that it was corrupting MixW and only started after I started computer.  Y'all should know I'm pretty much a "babe in the woods with computers"  and may be "an old dog who can't always learn new tricks".

Thanks again !

Jerry  n9avy

On Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 02:26:16 PM CDT, K8TOM <tsingle@...> wrote:

Jerry,

This can be a symptom of the presence of a "stub" of the program that failed to fully invoke but is still resident in memory.  When you attempt to start the program the OS looks and sees that the program is already running, so does nothing.

You can check this by using the Ctrl-Alt-Del key command and choosing the Task Manager.  Under the processes tab check carefully to see if a MixW stub is named.  If it is, choose to terminate that thread by selecting the bottom right button.

If that was the problem, you will now be able to start the MixW program normally.

Tom
K8TOM