Endorsement Daze #4 – LONP and CHIMP CHASE

stan W9SMR

Endorsement Daze #4 – LONP and CHIMP CHASE

Saturday, May 22

Sunday May 23

 This is our 4th Endorsement Daze Event. IT IS NOT A CONTEST.

This activity is intended to promote more on-air time among members and provide targeted opportunities to achieve specific PODXS Endorsements.

A new feature will be the CHIMP CHASE, designed to encourage informal outdoor portable operation. Grab an Atta-Boy by going portable during Daze #4

First Objective - LONP

If you are a new member, this is your Golden Opportunity!  You can start accumulating toward that 100 member contacts required for LONP Membership - Currently, only 450 of our 2,831 members have qualified.

We know that this Event helps. While participating in Daze #1, newcomer, Mike W4BZM (PODXS # 2653), managed to raise his LONP count from 11 to 20. A year later, prior to the Three Day Weekend Contest (TDW), he had 96 members logged. After that contest he had 104 members logged.  Now LONP #433.

Second Objective – CHIMP CHASE

We have had a very successful APE program for years and we now expand the challenge to encourage Portable Operation on your own schedule by now chasing the CHIMP (A Portable setup of your choice)

A Chimp qualified portable expedition site must be away from your home radio shack. You may use home power but you need to set up a temporary/portable antenna and station away from the home shack. Backyard ops and park picnic benches are encouraged for this category.

If this operation is at an official POTA or SOTA so much the better! Let us know the details using the Reflector.

To be a valid CHIMP CHASE, the operation must take place during the Daze #4 event and make at least 5 two-way PSK31 contacts.

Note that no prior approval is required to enjoy a sunny afternoon on the patio!

Following successful completion of your CHIMP operation, post your story on the Reflector or just send me an email advising me of your successful operation and a “CHIMP CHASE Atta-Boy” will be emailed to you.

Our Endorsement Daze #4 event is planned for 48 hours in hopes of finding everyone’s available operating times.

There is nothing critical about this timing. Get on when you can and the conditions are favorable and enjoy the event. Post your intentions on the Reflector.

Starting: 00:00 UTC on Saturday, May 22

Ending:  23:59 UTC on Sunday, May 23

Join the fun and enjoy…Call: CQ CQ 070 Daze de (Ur Call)

If you will be operating portable, include CHIMP (or Portable) in your CQ.

For Endorsement credit, upload your complete log promptly to the  Online Endorsement Checker

 As you see activity on the waterfall, be sure to “SPOT” those calls and your own to PSKReporter and on the Reflector. Be sure to Spot any CHIMPS you see.

It’s OK to QSO with non-members, too. Just show them how much fun the

PODXS 070 Club can be and welcome them to join us.

After you enjoy the Daze #4, please send me your comments and suggestions to improve this Event. I hope to have a repeat Endorsement Daze in August.

Stan
W9SMR - 070  #1611

PODXS 070 - PR Director

My Email:  robinstan@...