Re: Right now in Florida

Rick - N7WE

I shut completely down last evening when the first front came through - wind gusts went above 30 mph and lightning walking about.  Tipped the vertical into the down position and disconnected everything - including computers.  Just got the computer back up - along with standing up and hooking up the antenna.  Wild mid-morning to late afternoon.  About 2 3/4 inches of rain.  We were reminded why central Florida is called the "Lightning Capital of the USA" - lot of close strikes, some scary close.  No damage other than limbs and Spanish moss to clean up.  All the electronics seem to be OK, so all is well.  Spring in central Florida!